Hello

Introduce yourself and reminisce
bsudbrink

Hello

Post by bsudbrink »

I'm Bill Sudbrink. My first computer (which I still have) was a C1P, bought in 1978. I now collect vintage computers and have a number of OSI systems. I will be exhibiting several of them at the East Coast Vintage Computer Festival in Wall, NJ Sept 13 and 14.
rrosner

Re: Hello

Post by rrosner »

I have an OSI system I built into an old Heathkit oscilloscope case but have very little of the documentation. It sat in my garage for thirty? years and I can't locate the original OSI manuals. I will be at the Fair on Saturday and would be interested in making contact with anyone who might be able to sell me originals or copies of OSI literature.
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Welcome to both of you!

rrosner, you may want to check out the documents on http://osiweb.org/osiweb. If you need some other documents, I may actually have scans. Also, I have a disk full of scans from Mark S. that I promised to process and place online. I will need to get back on that effort.

Dave
ncatanese

Re: Introduction

Post by ncatanese »

Hello OSI group, I wanted to introduce myself. I am a former employee of OSI back in the late 70's. I had the pleasure of being the technical liason for all the major accounts that OSI sold to. I also interfaced with alot of dealers and distributors at the time. I had the pleasure of working with the author and supporter of OS-65U (They were two different people). I have wonderful memories of the special line of C3's and all their capabilities. I have inside scoop and opinons if anyone is interested. I still have 2 64KB memory boards on wooded plaques hanging on my office wall. At the time they retailed for $450 (but we could pack alot of program in 64K back then). --Nick :-)
MK14HAK

Re: Introduction

Post by MK14HAK »

Hi all from Mike. OSI user from 1978 when I purchase 600BD kit from Watford Electronics London when doing my OE. Currently doing a revisit to my old hardware and software before passing it over to my kids.
Working on WinOSI emulator 8" image and additional programs and utilities and will these upload soon.
Hi Nick . Those were the days! What a great series of sytems OSI put together. Still fun to hack and I am currently enjoying combining the Inet and PC and what it can add to the OSI system/enthusiast.
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
graeme

Post by graeme »

Hi there from the uk , dave you sent me copies of peek etc that you had scanned, and I promised you some back , I have not forgotten just circumstances seem to conspire against me. I do have a lot of OSI gear over here and promise that I will try to fill in any gaps in the archive that I can.

Regards Graeme
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

Hi Graeme

Do you have any info on to ROMs from Premier Publications. Toolkit and Basic 5.
I have the ROMs I purchased years ago but have lost the documentation.
Appreciate if you or anyone can help with this. Cheers Mike.
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator