OSI 300 Computer Trainer

Steve Gray

OSI 300 Computer Trainer

Post by Steve Gray »

Hi,

An OSI 300 computer trainer board just sold on ebay (270603447364) for over $500 US. Not bad for a small board with basically a CPU and a few switches...

Was anyone here the winner?

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
bsudbrink

Re: OSI 300 Computer Trainer

Post by bsudbrink »

I didn't win that one, but I have one. I also have all of the original documentation, but no box. I traded a fully loaded IMSAI for it, so I guess I paid more for mine.

Bill
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

I was thinking of bidding but it would just end up being packed away. I'm more of a Commodore collector (ok, a LOT more ;) ). A KIM would be more desirable for me. There have been several on ebay recently and end up going for over $250.

I still need to fix up a couple OSI's that aren't working at the moment, but haven't had the time. I do try to keep up to date on what's going on by checking the forums and reading the various articles online. For example, I recently have been looking at the UK-101 machine, which was an OSI Superboard clone. There seemed to be lots of interest at the time for this machine and I'm hoping I might be able to pick one up someday. I learned that there was a monitor rom called "wemon" that was supposed to give full-screen editing (like the commodore PET). Just move up to the line and fix things. Would have been nice to have back in the day (assuming it would work on the C4P). There were a few other monitor roms available, but unfortunately not alot of it is archived anywhere. I'd like to see more of it get put online. I have a couple OSI books to scan and make available.

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Hi Steve,

I have tried out a rom called "CEGMON" which works on the UK101, Superboard/C1, and also on the C2/C4/C8. The code needs to be configured according to the target machine (basically set the video address and line length, and ROM compile address.) Because of the ROM architecture on the C2's, some jumpers need to be set on the CPU board. I posted the notes on what I did when I installed CEGMON on my 502 card. Check http://osiweb.org/software.html#Monitor_ROMS . I believe if you modify the code, you can avoid the hardware addressing mods.

Dave
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

Dave, wasn't there also a "CEGMON 2"?

Steve