Challenger II on ebay

Steve Gray

Challenger II on ebay

Post by Steve Gray »

There is a nice looking Challenger II on ebay right now... Item# 270619962380
No bids, but then the starting bid is set to $500...

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
Steve Gray

Re: Challenger II on ebay

Post by Steve Gray »

Wow... went for USD $1,350.00 !!!
Quite a bit higher than I was expecting (not that I'm an expert on these things mind you).

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
mpenn

Post by mpenn »

Wow, That makes think about the spare Superboard II that I have. It is still in the box and never used. Guess I should think about listing it on eBay.
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

I might be interested if its a later revision D Superboard. If you decide to sell on ebay please post item# here.

Steve
mpenn1va

Post by mpenn1va »

Steve, I got the spare 600 rev D board out the other day and I will be checking it out soon. I am still looking for the 630 color board that I have. It is somewhere in storage and after 25 years who knows what box it is in. I have most of the C1P doc's in PDF's now. I am still working on restoring the OS65D 3.3 disk, which is slow going. I will let you know what I might do with the 600 board. I just saw on eBay that an older C1P went for $500.
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

That's great. I'm curious to see a colour video screen generated by the Rev D and 630 board.
I have a working OS65D3.3 disk set. I should really make backups just in case....
Keep me/us updated!

Steve
mpenn1va

Post by mpenn1va »

Steve,

Question for you about the software you have. Do you have the OSI PICO DOS for the C1P? It was a bare bones OS that could be used with a 12K C1P. You could save 8 different programs on a disk and with some additional pokes you could get 9 on a disk. I have misplaced or lost the commands for creating a new disk. I can load and save programs. When was the last time you used your OS65D 3.3 disk? I might have to get a copy of it from you. I also have copies of HEXDOS that was given to me however without any instructions or doc's. I have a list of all of the items that I have and I send it to you later.

Over the next few weekend I will be check the 600 board out. I also have a bare 610 board that I got when ISOTRON was going out of business.

I just found another person in Michigan that still his superboard with lots of programs on cassettes. There is good interest in getting a user group started.

Later

Mike
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

mpenn1va wrote:Steve,

Question for you about the software you have. Do you have the OSI PICO DOS for the C1P? It was a bare bones OS that could be used with a 12K C1P. You could save 8 different programs on a disk and with some additional pokes you could get 9 on a disk. I have misplaced or lost the commands for creating a new disk. I can load and save programs. When was the last time you used your OS65D 3.3 disk? I might have to get a copy of it from you. I also have copies of HEXDOS that was given to me however without any instructions or doc's. I have a list of all of the items that I have and I send it to you later.

Over the next few weekend I will be check the 600 board out. I also have a bare 610 board that I got when ISOTRON was going out of business.

I just found another person in Michigan that still his superboard with lots of programs on cassettes. There is good interest in getting a user group started.

Later

Mike
Mike, sorry no PicoDOS. I'm pretty sure I saw some info on the web about that...
http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... ARD_II.php

I last used OS65D in late 2006 when I created my C4P web page. It booted fine. I tried a couple other disks that seemed ok, so I think they should still be readable today. I have some brand-new sealed 5.25" disks I can use to make backups whenever I get my system back out and working... Last time I checked the C4P was acting up, so I need to do some work on it. If/when I get it working I'd like to transfer the disks to the PC for archiving.

I'd be interested in an OSI user group. Keep me posted.

I just purchased an FPGA dev board with the intent of running Gary Becker's OSI-SOC code for the Spartan 3. There is renewed interest in that as well. Could be interesting.

Steve