Err #9 and KLyball D13

nama

Err #9 and KLyball D13

Post by nama »

Hi,
I've recently been helping MK14HAK on a little project of his (and soon to be released), which has involved writing and building disks using my C4.

Unfortunately my MPI drive has crapped out. It loads and boots disks just fine, and is very consistent with reads, but gives endless Err #9 when trying to write anything. I've tried countless different media and it's all pretty much the same outcome. Spent most of today looking into the problem, but couldn't find anything obviously wrong.

So I'm guessing it may be time to try a new approach. I've contacted Grant about getting a couple of his D-13 data separator boards and using these with another (non MPI) drive, but wanted to know if anyone has tried them in conjunction with a 505b board? I've had a look at the D-13 schematic and as far as I can tell the connector has all the same pinouts as the J2 connector on the 505b, so I think it should just plug in and work.

Anyway, was just hoping for some confirmation before trying this out.

Thanks in advace

Phil

2P (1mhz 32k) - 502 + 8k + CEGMON + garbage collector fix BASIC, D&N MEM-CM9 + 24k, 540 (mono) [SOLD]
4PMF (2mhz 24k) - 505, 540, 527, D13 + 5.25" + Gotek
Superboard RevD - CEGMON + 610 board 24k + D13
Spares - 3 x 527, 1 x 505, Backplane
Jeff

Re: Err #9 and KLyball D13

Post by Jeff »

I remember getting Err #9. But I can't remember how I fixed it.. or if I even did. :-(