C4P-MF front end for SDK-85

harrywalter99

C4P-MF front end for SDK-85

Post by harrywalter99 »

I came across this paper some time ago. There is some interesting code in there. I am not sure whether others are aware of this. I found the thesis when I was looking for info on the SDK-85.

https://etd.ohiolink.edu/apexprod/rws_e ... ion=inline
bxdanny

Re: C4P-MF front end for SDK-85

Post by bxdanny »

I guess this is the sort of thing the people who designed in all those connectors on the back of the C4P were hoping to see.

There are a few oddities I noticed in glancing through that paper. One was the reference to the directory being on track 21, when it's really on track 12. Maybe he just transposed the digits when making notes? And there was mention of each track being composed of eight 256-byte "sectors", when most tracks certainly are not (although some could be). Finally, there was the consistent reference to "OS-65 DOS". But these mistakes didn't interfere with his ability to make the project work.
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
harrywalter99

Re: C4P-MF front end for SDK-85

Post by harrywalter99 »

Thank you for looking through the paper. I am impressed by what you were able to pick up on.

I am working on a C4P replica but it has been a marathon rather than a sprint. I am working on the 540B, 542 and 502 boards. I am using 0805 SMD resistors because many of the "new" axial lead resistors, I feel are too flimsy to be stood up on the boards. I do most of my soldering under a microscope because I can' barely see what I am doing otherwise.