OSI-tems Vol III

bxdanny

OSI-tems Vol III

Post by bxdanny »

Here are the first three issues of Volume III (although #1 is apparently missing one or more pages), all scanned using "Autodetect Color Mode".

Issue #1 (of this volume) contains an index of all previous issues of OSI-tems. Based on the information there, I have concluded that the "missing" pages from Vol II, #8 were not actually missing from just my copy, but were never actually printed. In all likelihood, the "OS-65D Corner" article from Vol II, #10 is the same one that was supposed to be in issue #8. But this issue #1, the same one that contains the index, really does seem to be missing pages from my copy, or at least one page, explaining the screenclear routine at the bottom of page 19. The staples were loose on my copy, so I do think one or more pages got separated. I tried to find them, but could not.

Issue #2 was printed very poorly, with parts of some pages faded out so much that they are completely illegible. This seems to have been a printing error common to all copies, as several articles that were (attempted to be) printed in issue #2 were reprinted in issue #3.

Issue #3 is notable for containing the first use (in one of the boxes on the cover) of the acronym OSUNY to designate our group. Starting with issue #4, that name will be used more prominently. A few years later, it will become nationally, and internationally, famous (or infamous).
Attachments
OSI-tems Vol III #1-3.zip
(5.35 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
bxdanny

Re: OSI-tems Vol III

Post by bxdanny »

Here are issues 4 and 5 of Volume III.

I don't have issue #6 for some reason, so I will post issues 7 and 8 next, in a few days.

A small part of the cover of Issue 4 was torn off and is missing (showing as a white rectangle at the upper left corner). The next few pages have what looks like coffee stains on the top (and so clearly got scanned in color, since the stains show up brown). But i don't drink coffee, so either it was some other liquid, or someone else spilled coffee on them.

Issue 5 ends with "Class #4" of 6502 programming lessons by Ugo V. Re. Classes 1 to 3 were printed as separate handouts. I do have them, but as they are pretty standard stuff, I don't plan to scan them in and post them, unless there is some great demand for them.

For the record, issue #4 was printed single-sided, as most issues were, but issue #5 was printed double-sided, with two pages on most of the sheets (only the backs of the cover page and page A9 being blank).
Attachments
OSI-tems Vol III #4-5.zip
(4.29 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
No current OSI hardware
bxdanny

Re: OSI-tems Vol III

Post by bxdanny »

Here are issues 7 and 8 of Volume III.

Issue 7 contains another index to all issues up through its date, indexed both by subject category and by issue date.

That's all I have for Volume III. I have six issues of Volume IV (1982) and three issues of Volume V (1983). I will post them over the next month or so.
Attachments
OSI-tems Vol III #7-8.zip
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
No current OSI hardware