Re: Cherry MX key preferences

Post by dave »

Ian, I've sent you a PM.
waltermixxx

Post by waltermixxx »

Another Canadian :)

we love our OSI's :)

Welcome. :) (Ive been out of it for a while)
Turning into quite an OSI Junkie (HTFDTH?) Superboard II REV B-40K, 9600b, HC-05 Bluetooth, Superboard II Rev D, C4P rebuild- 502, 542c, 540B. :)
erazmus

Post by erazmus »

waltermixxx wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:03 pm Another Canadian :)
My love of all things OSI comes from my childhood in the UK where my first computer was a Compukit UK101. Those are impossible to find in North America, so a Superboard II is the closest I can come :)
jaevans

Post by jaevans »

Hello Dave et al.,

I'm contemplating building a 600D so I am researching availability of parts. You mentioned that you still had boards and key caps. Is that true, and if so how can I arrange purchase?

Also, for others, I've not been successful locating the code for the chargen EPROM. Does anyone have a pointer to the file ?

Thanks much,
John - Colorado Springs, CO
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I have plenty of keycap sets. They are $65/set. These are dark gray rather than black, but they look great, and early C1Ps and superboards had gray keys as well. I've seen them with my own eyes.

I had several PCBs that I got from Grant and passed on at cost, but I have run out of those. However, I have seen them for sale on Ebay from a canadian seller, although I don't see any at the moment. Also, the gerber files are available on the OSIWeb github:

600D download
610 download

Here's a link to a forum posting of the character generator. I haven't gotten around to putting it in the archive, but I will. . .

https://osiweb.org/osiforum/viewtopic.php?p=3642#p3642

Dave
jaevans

Post by jaevans »

Thanks Dave,

That gives me what I need. Can you send me a PM with payment instructions on getting the key cap set from you? I tried sending a PM to you yesterday but it looks like I don't have permissions yet.

Thanks - John
lowrybt1

Post by lowrybt1 »

Dave,
Do you have any sets of the Cherry keys left. I'd like to order one set if possible.

Thanks,
Tom
C8PDF w. 48K, 2x 520 24K RAM boards and Glitchworks 64K board
OSI 567 Telephony board
Spare 8" drives
Klyball D-13