Edit global Settings

Use this board to discuss technical issues with the forum. If you have a new issue, open up a new thread. This can serve as a primitive issue tracker.
bxdanny

Edit global Settings

Post by bxdanny »

Dave,

Trying to edit my "global settings" (accessed via Notifications, then Settings) in order to change my Time Zone setting results in my getting the message "Unknown column 'user_mobile_font' in 'field list' [1054]" when I try to save the change.

BTW, glad to see you were able to resolve that "PHP" problem.

I don't know if this is related, but the feature of warning, when trying to post a message, if there has been a new message in the topic you are posting to since you first hit "reply" to compose your message is no longer active. I liked that.

Edits to messages are now marked with a notation about the edit if at least 35 (probably 30) minutes have passed since the original post. That seems reasonable. I don't know if you specifically did something to alter how that works, but you never did follow up with a message about it (two threads back in this section).
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
dave
Site Admin

Re: Edit global Settings

Post by dave »

OK, I finally bit the bullet and did the upgrade to 3.3.11. Everything seems to be working, including the global settings via notifications->settings, at least when I try it. Can you check it out and see if it works for you?

I had to look up the new post notification feature, and it's called "post review" and can be enabled or disabled separately for each forum. It seems to be enabled for all the forums. Let's see if it works. One caveat I saw online is that it is possible to lose your edits if you choose to look out the new posts without saving your edit. So be sure to copy/paste them somewhere first before reviewing new posts.
bxdanny

Re: Edit global Settings

Post by bxdanny »

OK, I was able to save the settings and am no longer shown "current time" that is an hour earlier than the actual time. I don't really see any other difference at this point.
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)